Your privacy is important to us
Purchasing and/or using an AssetOwl Solution involves the storage of data about companies or individuals which can include personal information such as name, postal address, job title, employer name, email address, telephone number, and other information related to an individual.
AssetOwl may collect personal information when a client purchases a Solution, contacts the AssetOwl support team, visits our website or uses the Solution.
AssetOwl collects personal information so that it can:
- Verify identity for security purposes;
- Administer client relationships;
- Assist clients with queries;
- Take measures to detect and prevent fraudulent conduct;
- Notify clients of new or changed services offered in relation to the various Solutions;
- Carry out marketing or training related to the Solutions;
- Assist with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to a client’s use of the Solutions; and
- To communicate with our clients.
By purchasing and/or using a Solution from AssetOwl each client and its employees consent to personal information being collected, held and used in this way. AssetOwl will only use personal information for the purposes described in this policy or otherwise with the relevant individual’s express permission.
- Assist us to better understand how our clients are using the Solutions;
- Provide clients with further information regarding the uses and benefits of the Solutions;
- Otherwise to improve and further develop the Solutions.
All data collected by AssetOwl including personal information is held in secure Australian data centres. AssetOwl is committed to protecting the security of all data collected, including personal information about individuals, and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
AssetOwl will only disclose personal information to entities outside of the AssetOwl group if it is necessary and appropriate to facilitate the purpose for which that personal information was collected pursuant to this policy.
AssetOwl will not otherwise disclose personal information to third parties without the express consent of the relevant individual or if required by law.
Any individual may request access to the personal information we hold or request that we update or correct any personal information.
If any individual wishes to complain about how AssetOwl has handled personal information, please provide our privacy officer with full details of the complaint and any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our privacy officer will endeavour to provide an initial response within 10 business days and investigate and attempt to resolve the complaint within 30 business days or such longer period that is necessary as notified to the relevant individual by our privacy officer.
AssetOwl reserves the right to change this policy at any time, and any amended policy is effective upon posting to this website.